December 1, 2022
Dear SD46 Learning Community,
The last few weeks have been difficult for our province and for those working and living in areas directly impacted by flooding and landslides. As a result, The Province has extended the emergency order limiting fuel in the southwest region of the province to December 14th.
Everyone has been asked to do their part to help, and we will continue to support these measures in the Sunshine Coast School District. We also recognize that with the state of emergency being extended we need to consider on balance our collective decisions and the impact on our students’ well-being.
- Schools will remain open – in-person instruction is a key priority and will be maintained. School-based staff will continue to be in schools, supporting students, staff and communities.
- District meetings will continue to be on zoom or be postponed; organizers will be in touch with those affected.
- Extra-curricular travel (field trips, sporting events, etc.) which can be postponed or rescheduled will be.
- Before and after school activities for students will resume.
- Facility bookings that support children and youth will resume.
- All staff and families are encouraged to continue to carpool and use alternate methods of transport wherever possible.
Superintendent of Schools