Mental Health Supports
National Child & Youth Mental Health Day. May 7th is a day to connect with young people and let them know that their mental health is important to us and that we are there for them as caring adults. Resource Booths will be at: Pender Harbour Aquatic and Fitness Centre, Gibsons Community Centre and Sechelt Aquatic Centre from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. From 12 noon to 1:00 pm Free yoga for youth 12 and up and/or adults accompanied by youth will be offered at all locations.
Support for Youth
- Howe Sound & Sunshine Coast • 1-866-661-3311
• 911 for Emergency situations/Sechelt Hospital Emergency
• KidsHelpPhone (for youth under 20) 1-800-668-6868
• Suicide Hotline 1-800-784-2433
• BC Crisis Centre 1-866-872-0113
• Child and Youth Mental Health Hotline 310-6789
• www.youthinbc.com Online chat support (open 12 noon-1am)
• Kelty Mental Health Centre at BC Children’s Hospital 1-800-665-1822 (Monday-Friday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm)
• Child and Youth Mental Health Office – Gibsons 604-886-5525, Sechelt 604-740-8900
• Youth Outreach 604-741-1129
• Youth Clinic – Pender Harbour Health Centre Tuesdays (3:30 pm - 5:30 pm)
Sechelt Public Health Unit – Wednesdays (2:30 pm - 5:30 pm)
Gibsons Public Health Unit – Mondays (2:30 pm - 5:30 pm)
Online support for self-screening, education and support
www.jessieslegacy.com (Eating Disorder Prevention and Support)
News & Updates
Please read the most recent edition of the SD46 Parent Newsletter. ...
Mon., Apr 17 '17 @ 04:34PM
Read more on the latest school district updates from the Superintendent. ...
Wed., Apr 5 '17 @ 10:27PM
Annually after Spring Break, School District No. 46 (Sunshine Coast) announces principal or administrative changes in the district for the...
Wed., Mar 29 '17 @ 04:32PM
Two groups of students are leading awareness and energy saving actions this week in School District 46 – Roberts Creek...
Wed., Mar 8 '17 @ 04:52PM