Teaching Dates (only one Parent Night left!):
Tuesday, March 28th – 7:30 am to 3:30 pm – Roberts Creek Elementary
Tuesday, March 28th – 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm Roberts Creek Elementary (parents)
Wednesday, March 29th – 7:30 am to 3:30 pm – Roberts Creek Elementary
Thursday, March 30th – 7:30 am to 3:30 pm – Roberts Creek Elementary
Friday, March 31st – 7 am to 3:00 pm – Cedar Grove Elementary
Thursday, April 13th – 8 am to 4:00 pm – Halfmoon Bay Elementary
Tuesday, April 18th – 7 am to 3:00 pm – Cedar Grove Elementary
Friday, April 28th – 8 am to 3:00 pm – Cedar Grove Elementary
Thursday, May 11th – 7 am to 3:00 pm – Langdale Elementary
Friday, May 12th – 7 am to 3:00 pm – Langdale Elementary
Wednesday, May 17th – 8 am to 3:00 pm – Langdale Elementary
Submissions for the District 46 Student Writing Anthology are due to Roberts Creek Elementary by March 10th, 2017.
We are heading into our 7th year of Coastal Voices, a collection of student writing from SD46!
How it all works:
1. Submissions are welcome from school district 46 students from Kindergarten to grade 12.
2. Submission from students in Kindergarten to grade 3 may be in the form of dictated works.
3. Submissions need to be fiction (poetry, prose) or personal narrative.
4. Maximum length is 500 words.
a. Submissions must be typed or handwritten in black ink or dark pencil. We will hide the identifying information to ensure the writer’s anonymity during judging.
b. All entries must contain the following information on the back or at the bottom of the entry.
Full Student Name
Title of Piece
c. Given the number of entries, we do not have time to track down any of this information so please make sure this is complete.
d. Maximum of 3 entries per student
6. Good photocopies should be submitted as entries, as any submissions will not be returned to the students.
8. Selections for publication will be made by a guest panel of community members, whose decision will be final. Selection will be made on the basis of quality of writing, originality and style, based on age appropriateness.
For more information, contact John Lussier at Roberts Creek Elementary School at 604-885-9229
Start collecting great pieces of writing and submit them by March 10th, 2017.
December 7, 2016
Please read the EDI Parent Information letter regarding the EDI research project. EDI is a questionnaire that measures five important areas of early child development: Physical Health & Well-Being, Social Competence, Emotional Maturity, Language & Cognitive Skills and Communication Skills & General Knowledge.
The second edition of the parent newsletter is available to peruse. Please read it!
Please read the November 29, 2016 letter from Education Minister Mike Bernier regarding BC's new curriculum.
Dear Families of SD46:
In light of the tragic events from Tuesday, November 1st, 2016 in Abbotsford, we would like to offer these recommendations from the National Association of School Psychologists on how to help your child deal with a violent school incident:
· Your child may be confused or frightened by the news of this violent event and most likely will be looking to adults for information and guidance on how to react.
· Be sensitive to the amount that the topic is being discussed in your home - as the media bombards us with messages of instability and fear, children will need to hear a calm message that they are safe. Give facts only and allow children a chance to discuss if they need. Maintain structure, stability and routine while also allowing flexibility if needed.
· Restrict any photos, video or online footage of the incident – we know that visual footage can have a significant impact on students with anxiety. Limit the amount that footage is playing on the TV while your child is around.
· Be aware of our own reactions and sensitivity to this tragic event and reach out for support when needed.
· Observe your child's emotional state and watch for changes in eating, sleeping and mood.
· Model calm, controlled behaviour.
· Let children know it is okay to be upset.
· Encourage your child to talk about their thoughts and feelings and make time to talk to them every day.
· Spend extra time reading or playing quiet games before bedtime.
· Focus a little extra time on your child this week; give more hugs and physical contact.
If you have concerns about your child's reaction, please reach out to your school staff, family doctor and other community supports.
Superintendent of Schools
Elementary students in SD46 competed in a cross-country race. Athletes from West Sechelt, Langdale and Gibsons Elementary Schools ran in a rigorous race, just over 3 kms. Thanks to Elphinstone Secondary and parents for their help! Read more!
News & Updates
Please read the most recent edition of the SD46 Parent Newsletter. ...
Mon., Apr 17 '17 @ 04:34PM
Read more on the latest school district updates from the Superintendent. ...
Wed., Apr 5 '17 @ 10:27PM
Annually after Spring Break, School District No. 46 (Sunshine Coast) announces principal or administrative changes in the district for the...
Wed., Mar 29 '17 @ 04:32PM
Two groups of students are leading awareness and energy saving actions this week in School District 46 – Roberts Creek...
Wed., Mar 8 '17 @ 04:52PM