Who can I contact if I have a question?

See our Contact SD46 list or email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

What school will my child attend?

Not sure which school(s) serve your area? Click here to load the school locator. Enter the name of your street and your neighbourhood school(s) will be displayed.

How do I register my child for school?

Once you know your school catchment area, visit our schools section and contact the principal of the school serving your catchment area.

How do I change schools?

Parents/Guardians need to complete a Cross Boundary Application form. This form is to be used for Sunshine Coast students whose parents / legal guardians maintain primary residence within the boundaries of School District No. 46 and who are seeking to attend a school other than their designated attendance school.

The deadline for cross boundary transfer requests will be 3:30 PM on the last instructional day in March of each school year. Applications received after the deadline will be accepted or rejected based on available space as of the end of the first school week in September. SCHOOL BUSING WILL NOT BE PROVIDED FOR CROSS BOUNDARY TRANSFER STUDENTS. More information is available by clicking here.

When can I register my child for Kindergarten?

The district has its Kindergarten Registration Week typically in February. Information is advertised on our school district website, school websites, SD46 Facebook page and in the Coast Reporter. A radio commercial is also aired on 91.7 Coast FM. Parents/guardians of new students arriving in the district throughout the school year are encouraged to contact the principal of their neighbourhood school to register.

Please peruse our Kindergarten Brochure and visit the Kindergarten Information page on our website.

Where can I find out my child's busing information?

To find out busing information for your child, visit our Bus section on the website.

Where do I find out if schools are closed or buses are cancelled due to inclement weather?

During the time of the season when inclement weather may affect the safety and welfare of students and, in particular, when snowy weather has the potential to cause classes to be postponed or some School District No. 46 services to be suspended, current information will be updated continuously on this website. The Superintendent of Schools will also provide 91.7 Coast FM with information about the status of our facilities and transportation services by 7:00 AM, if there is a concern. Please note that if this website hasn't been updated on a particular day, please tune in to Coast FM for updates.

How can I help my child learn?

Parents and students are often interested in ways to support their children as a supplement to their teacher's instruction in school.There are many online resources and websites which may be of support to you and your child in exploring topics of interest. In no way should this list be considered a replacement for the high quality instruction that your child receives in their classroom. Visit our supporting students' learning page.

What types of scholarships are available?

SD46 has a very generous community that supports Sunshine Coast students. Visit our Scholarships section to view scholarships and bursaries offered in our school district.

What do I do if I feel my child is being bullied?

Contact your school principal immediately regarding any bullying issues. Also, visit the ERASE Bullying section on our website for further information.

How do I communicate with you about a concern?

Please read our brochure on "How to Communicate with Us."

How can I book a gym/field/library?

The Board of Education of School District No. 46 (Sunshine Coast) welcomes and encourages the use of school facilities by responsible community organizations and groups when not required for school purposes, in support of growth in community spirit, learning and health. Download our Facility Rentals Brochure for more information, including rates and fees.

How can I get a charitable tax receipt?

SD46 solicits and receives gifts, donations and bequests which are used to provide scholarships and bursaries to deserving students or former students, contribute to any undertaking or acquisition that would benefit or enrich the quality of education in the school district, fund seminars, workshops, speakers, field trips or projects that create learning opportunities for students and support programs and facilities that will expand opportunities for students and ensure that teaching facilities and equipment remain up-to-date and relevant in the school district. Additional information is available in our Charitable Giving brochure.

What do I do in an emergency?

It is a goal of the school district to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all students. Read more on our Emergency Preparedness page.

How can I apply for a job with the Sunshine Coast School District?

All available jobs are posted in the Employment section.


News & Updates